Local news feeds
- Wed, 01 Oct 2014 05:00:34 +0000: Cheddar News October 1, 2014 - Cheddar Village website
Could Shetland Isles nick Cheddar's cave title? – Central Somerset Gazette Central Somerset Gazette Could Shetland Isles nick Cheddar's cave title?Central Somerset GazetteTHE opening shots have been fired in cavegate – a claim that Cheddar is no longer home to the biggest cave in Britain. Geologist Jonathon Swale, who works for Scottish Natural Heritage, claims […]
- Tue, 30 Sep 2014 05:00:10 +0000: Cheddar News September 30, 2014 - Cheddar Village website
Weather warning as fog swallows Somerset – Cheddar Valley Gazette Cheddar Valley Gazette Weather warning as fog swallows SomersetCheddar Valley GazetteHEAVY FOG is smothering Somerset this morning and the county will be a bit slower in shedding itself free of the grey blanket than usual. The Met Office has issued a blanket weather warning for […]
- Mon, 29 Sep 2014 05:01:00 +0000: Cheddar News September 29, 2014 - Cheddar Village website
Somerset County Council leader welcomes more devolution – Cheddar Valley Gazette Cheddar Valley Gazette Somerset County Council leader welcomes more devolutionCheddar Valley GazetteCALLS for devolved powers for regions of England following Scotland's independence referendum have been welcomed by the leader of Somerset County Council. Councillor John Osman said it was important that rural areas like […]
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014 05:00:41 +0000: Cheddar News September 26, 2014 - Cheddar Village website
10 great Christmas gifts from Somerset – Wells Journal Wells Journal 10 great Christmas gifts from SomersetWells JournalShow someone you love them with a heart-shaped gift box containing jars of Cheddar Pickle and Harvest Chutney along with four Cheddar wedges from the Cheddar Gorge Cheese Company (£27.75). The four 195g wedges are Cheddar with a […]
- Wed, 24 Sep 2014 05:01:04 +0000: Cheddar News September 24, 2014 - Cheddar Village website
Duncan Massey talks Avon and Somerset Search & Rescue – Cheddar Valley Gazette Cheddar Valley Gazette Duncan Massey talks Avon and Somerset Search & RescueCheddar Valley GazetteI recently contacted Avon and Somerset Search & Rescue with the idea to write an article about them, I got a great reply from Duncan. For a while I […]
Full news feed
Weston Super Mare News
- Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:37:32 +0000: Bullying ‘not to blame’ for Josie’s death - police - Weston Mercury - News
‘UNFOUNDED’ speculation over the death of a Weston teenager has been condemned by the headteacher of her school.
- Thu, 02 Oct 2014 10:59:49 +0000: Royal British Legion branch closes - Weston Mercury - News
The Burnham branch of the Royal British Legion (RBL) was forced to close its doors on Tuesday due to a lack of volunteers and funds for vital building repairs.
- Thu, 02 Oct 2014 09:07:28 +0000: Gallery: ‘Brilliant’ food festival serves up a treat - Weston Mercury - News
“IT’S brilliant, just brilliant,” said a pie-maker with glee in his eyes. “I came here the first year, but I can’t believe how much bigger it is now – it’s amazing.”
- Wed, 01 Oct 2014 13:46:15 +0000: Nursery care requires improvement - Weston Mercury - News
INSPECTIONS of 16 nurseries in North Somerset found 25 per cent of early years care providers to be ‘satisfactory’, six per cent to be ‘inadequate’ and 60 per cent to be ‘good’ – with none found to be outstanding.
- Wed, 01 Oct 2014 13:38:27 +0000: Woman celebrates £10k win - Weston Mercury - News
ONE lucky lady from Weston is £10,000 richer after doing nothing more than insuring her car.
Full news feed
BBC Somerset News
- Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:56:25 +0000: Bath v Saracens (Fri) - BBC News - Somerset
Preview and team news as Bath host Saracens in Friday's Premiership fixture at The Recreation Ground (19:45 BST).
- Wed, 01 Oct 2014 21:07:57 +0000: First Glastonbury tickets go in 14 minutes - BBC News - Somerset
Today 15,000 coach and ticket packages have been snapped up twice as fast as last year, but don't worry the rest go on sale this Sunday.
- Wed, 01 Oct 2014 13:51:10 +0000: Radio and TV host Sheila Tracy dies - BBC News - Somerset
Broadcaster and musician Sheila Tracy, who was the first woman to read the news on BBC Radio 4 and presented the south-west regional news, has died.
- Wed, 01 Oct 2014 13:20:12 +0000: 'Unique' coin collection auctioned - BBC News - Somerset
A collection of 17th Century coins made in Somerset for use as local currency fetch £18,600 at auction.
- Wed, 01 Oct 2014 13:13:25 +0000: Care details 'left on view' at homes - BBC News - Somerset
Details of vulnerable children were left on view at a Somerset care home, an independent observer reveals.
Full news feed